Sunday, April 26, 2009
When I was born, I was black.
When I grow up, I'm black.
When I'm ill, I'm black.
When I go out in the sun, I'm black.
When I'm cold, I'm black.
When I die, I'm black.
But you -
When you're born, you're pink.
When you grow up, you're white.
When you're ill, you're green.
When you go out in the sun, you go red.
When you're cold, you go blue.
When you die, you're purple.
And you have the nerve to call me coloured?
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Visitor replied on Friday, June 15, 2007 12:29 AM PST
Thanks for very valuable insight.
I think the only problem with Bahria has been its location, probably it is the farthest of all current and new socities. As far as development is concerned, it can be said that it matches that of DHA. And due to this location thing, most probably DHA will take away most of the international real estate investment (hotels, commercial buildings etc) like they have floated the opportunities inDHA-8 (parkview)recently in newspapers.
tzk replied on Friday, June 15, 2007 09:02 AM PST
thanks very much for such detailed and unbiased/critical information.
Please tell bahria management that phone and internet are like blood for life these days. We can no survive without them. Most expats who are thinking of settling down in pakistan is because of these facilities. If we have highly reliable phone and high speed internet service(without interruption), a lot of pakistani people can move back and work from there.
tzk replied on Friday, June 15, 2007 09:08 AM PST
Visitor & Ali
a few things
1. quality of development of bahria is way better than dha
2. a lot of people prefer dha for the name (status symbol)
3. new phases of dha are atleast as far from lahore as bahria.
4. approach to dha is not as good as bahria (multan road, canal, defence road)
5. distance these days is more of a psychological issue than a practical issue. A visit from gulberg to railway station will take more time than a visit from gulberg to bahria. similarly it is much faster to go to bahria from garden town, ichra, mall road, samanabad, mazand than to go to dha
6. Real ali, please learn to respect the opposing view. We all need to learn to disagree with respect. This is our national delima that when we disagree we lose temper and cant absorb why the other person does not think on the same lines i do.
Hussain replied on Friday, June 15, 2007 01:24 PM PST
Dear 'The real ali'
It is my unbiased opinion that u got offended without any reason, Mr. Visitor has the right to differ with anyone on solid reasons.
Aziz replied on Friday, June 15, 2007 04:18 PM PST
Dear Hussain Bhai,
Thank you very much for such a detailed analysis and time for posting the valueable comments.
Dear Real Ali,
I have noticed that you are some what very uncomfortable with DHA, and usually do not like any one taking its side or speaking for it. It is just a brotherly request to let people say what they have to say and you also share your views with us all.
tzk replied on Saturday, June 16, 2007 08:30 AM PST
dear real ali
It is always hard to understand others point of view. It is a lot of times thought how come the other person does not understand something so simple. The actual reason is that two people are looking at the same thing from two different angels.
Please dont get offended when people say something about one society or the other and you can not absorb the reason behind their statements
Hussain Kaisrani replied on Sunday, June 17, 2007 02:54 PM PST
Salaam and Thanks for comments of friends.
I am here again to provide latest updates regarding my post.
The main problem in Safari Villas was too much electricity shut down which created serious problems for three days. It is worth mentioning that Bahria Town management took the matter seriously and ordered a new power generator (worth Thirty million Rupees) which has been installed and started working from yesterday.
After solution of this big problem and due to wonderful weather, life is more enjoyable in Safari Villas nowadays.
Usman, UK replied on Monday, June 18, 2007 04:17 PM PST
Dear Mr. Kaisrani,
thanks for sharing your views and experience. I just want to support what you said as I have the same experience as my family is living there. It is simply wonderful. Distance is not a big problem if you have your convayance. It is rather better to be in a quiet and clear atmosphere. If someone wants to construct a house, BT is the best place at present. If you want to invest for some quick return, then keep on playing around in different societies including DHA. No society at present matches with BT in terms of its standards of development and facilities. It is crystal clear. Bt is going to the winner finally due to its development standards, facilities,and low price. I was shocked to see a picture of house under construction in Phase-6, in an latest post. Just compare it with BT, you will get what I want to say. No further comments as it may hurt many on this forum.
Now what can be suggested in present situation is:Lake City Lahore Trip (September 2005)Yesterday I managed to visit Lack City Holdings project on Raiwind Road Lahore. The purpose of this trip was to see the actual situation and give a brief report to brothers/sisters visiting this page.I was hearing about this project about six months ago when one of my friend started his job related to accounts with Lake City Holdings. He could not understand why these big businessmen have joined their hands to start this project which is so far from Lahore city. For me it was not a strange decision as Lahore Master Plan shows Raiwind within Lahore. The developer's group did its home work properly. They bought all the required land and went for LDA approval before launching their product. This is certainly a good and transparent start. Although it is now a binding for every developer to provide each and every detail of its project before launching any housing project but LCH is the first one to act upon the new rules and regulations. Its yet not clear whether they have bought required land for their next phase about which they are claiming but it is obvious that they have either not applied for next phase or LDA did not approve it yet. They avoid discussing about their future project. I have been officially informed that they have only two Bela(s) in their project. You can easily guess what will, totally, be the size of Lake City Holdings.Lake City Holdings has launched its Bela Vista Housing project with aggressive campaign on print media as well as on multimedia. Their documentary played on cable networks and digital channels is impressive. Although they prepared it on same lines and actions which is of Bahria Town but it is much better than Bahria Town's documentary as far as quality of recording, script and sound recording is concerned. This lovely documentary makes a mind of every investor so one has some vision of the project when starts ones long journey on a rough Raiwind Road. Same was the situation of mine although I am not involved in any kind of investment in real estate business.May be you people will not believe but it is a reality that I would have passed the project if a big board was not put on the main road. Until yet this great project could not construct a single room for their marketing office. Only less than half Kilometer road has been constructed which is even not enough for car parking of the visitors. They are still using a tent as an office for promoting and introducing their project. Yes! We were warmly welcomed and cold drink was offered. The young and professionally trained staff was there to provide required information. I introduced myself to one of the young man Mr. Wasi and requested him to listen me first before starting his presentation. I told him which was already available on their website or what were being presented in their documentary. After that he was requested to provide any information other than that but he very nicely said that he does not have any further information.As there was no chance to visit the area (because there was not any WALKING PATH yet made) so we came back to our place.On the project site one semi constructed small building, semi constructed main gate, less than half kilometer road and an office under tent was there which we could see.Every thing else is on papers, in documentaries and in the minds of planners. The staff on site was not able to offer any brochers except a two page photo copied paper having information which is already available on website.
- The project seems to be a safe but a long term investment.
- Interested friends are suggested to take advantage of their Introductory Launch Offer but to avail this you will need to pay in lump sump.
- One can start living there as soon as construction is started as Raiwind Road is already a busy road. I think at least 5 years are needed to have some one's dream house.
- Although I have no doubts that Raiwind Road will ultimately have great look and quality development but for the time being it is NOT a proper road with good traffic controlling. There are too many PIND (villages) on Raiwind Road which does not give a nice look.
- Almost all of Lake City Holdings directors are Seth (typical Pakistani businessmen) who are generally not good in spending money where it is NOT directly related to their profit so it does not seem possible that they will contribute in making Raiwind Road.
- The rates of Lake City Holdings are too high especially when market is so cold.
- As they have no track record so we have nothing to guess what and how will be delivered after (about) three years. In this situation the risk factor goes high.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Letter is from Banta Singh of Punjab to Mr. Bill Gates of MicrosoftSubject: Problems with my new computerDear Mr. Bill Gates,We have bought a computer for our home and we have found some problems, which I want to bring to your notice.1. There is a button 'start' but there is no 'stop' button. We request you to check this.2. We find there is 'Run' in the menu. One of my friends clicked 'run' he ran up to Amritsar ! So, we request you to change that to 'sit', so that we can click that by sitting.
3. One doubt is whether any 're-scooter' is available in system? I find only 're-cycle', but I own a scooter at my home.
4. There is 'Find' button but it is not working properly. My wife lost the door key and we tried a lot trace the key with this ' find' button, but was unable to trace. Please rectify this problem.
5. My child learnt 'Microsoft word' now he wants to learn 'Microsoft sentence', so when you will provide that?
6. I brought computer, CPU, mouse and keyboard, but there is only one icon which shows 'MY Computer': when you will provide the remaining items?
7. It is surprising that windows says 'MY Pictures' but there is not even a single photo of mine. So when will you keep my photo in that.
8. There is 'MICROSOFT OFFICE' what about 'MICROSOFT HOME' since I use the PC at home only.
9. You provided 'My Recent Documents'. When you will provide 'My Past Documents'?
10. You provide 'My Network Places'. For God shake please do not provide 'My Secret Places'. I do not want to let my wife know where I go after my office hours.
Sir, how is it that your name is Gates but u are selling WINDOWS?