Bahria Town School Lahore was opened in 2006 when there were only few families residing in Bahria Town, Lahore. The management hired highly educated and trained staff and provided all possible facilities to them:
The monthly fee was kept very nominal (around Rs.1,000/= per month). Due to bear minimum monthly fee, no admission fee and (almost) no admission criteria, the students from villages around Bahria Town flooded for admission. During the first two years the number of students from nearby villages was significantly more than the Bahria residents. The atmosphere of school was disturbed and kids starting learning abusive language and behavior. We (the pioneer residents of Bahria Town) had a sitting with Malik Riaz Hussain Sahib, The chairman Bahria Town but failed to convince him for addressing the issue. After a year or so, he realized the gravity of problems and informed us that he is going to appoint a renowned educationist from Malaysia. It was a positive step but Mr Javaid had to leave within a year due to official politics.
Many positive changes were made in coming years but due to no consistency in the management it was difficult to produce satisfactory results.
In 2011, Mr Saleem Kashimri joined the school and brought significant changes and taken positive steps after utilizing his vast experience and vision. He introduced regular training for staff. The school building was extended. Extracurricular activities were carried out throughout the year. He produced good results of Matric and O Level classes. Due to his energetic and hard working personality, he had a plan to manage / supervise four campuses of Bahria Town Schools & Colleges.
- Bahria Town Pre-School Lahore - Sector A
- Bahria Town School & Colleges Girl Campus - Sector B
- Bahria Town School & Colleges - Bahria Orchard Campus
- Bahria Town School & Colleges Boys Campus - Sector C
But a twist and conflict in the story is recently introduced by the higher management of Bahria Town Lahore. The newly constructed building of Janiper Block, Sector C is no more Boys Campus of Bahria Town School & College. It is now a premier branch of Beaconhouse School System.
Beacon House School Systems, Bahria Town Lahore Sector C Premier Branch
Only two days earlier this new building was handed over to Beaconhouse School System. The building is still under construction and finishing and paint work is being carried on (see pictures below) on full swing but Beaconhouse School management has started registration, tests and admissions of students.
Today I visited Beaconhouse School and had a sitting with the admission staff to get first hand information about the plan, program and fee structures for readers of this page.
As mentioned above, school building is yet under construction and labour class was roaming around but I was amazed to see active, fresh looking and well managed staff. The friendly and welcoming attitude of Ms Tabinda Mazhar was simply remarkable. Very professionally and confidently she faced my objectionably questions of taking over the building from Bahria Town School. She was dealing the visitors in such a nice manner which is normally not found in schools. If Beacon House Management will continue with same momentum and passion, they will not be having any problem in the admissions.
I was informed that this branch of Beaconhouse School System is a PREMIER BRANCH (with value added and extra facilities). One can contact Ms Zara 03234056159 for any further information who is equally professional and cooperative.
Ms Tabinda Mazhar provided all required information which is being reproduced here.
Admission Procedure and Office timing
- Admission office will remain open from 9AM to 4PM (Monday to Friday)
- The registration of students is already started. The Registration Fee (Rs.700) is waived off till September 15, 2014. Time and date will be given for admission test at the spot.
- Admission fee: Rs.19,000/= (It is also waived off till September 15, 2014)
- Security Fee: Rs.19,000/= (Refundable)
Required Documents for Admission are:
- Two passport size photographs of the child
- Copies of parents' CNIC
- Copy of birth certificate of the child (NADRA / GOVT)
- School Leaving Certificate / Report Cards (if applicable)
- Playgroup / Nursery Class Level to Class VIII: Rs.13,445/= (all inclusive)
- Class IX: Rs.17,625/= (all inclusive)
- Class X: Rs.17,885/= (all inclusive)
- Class XI: Rs.18,175/= (all inclusive)
Classes will commence from September 15, 2014.
Comparison of Bahria Town Lahore School and Beaconhouse School
- It is very difficult to compare these schools with each others. Bahria Town School is just an 8 years old and its main purpose is serve the community within Bahria Town. It, obviously, can not ignore those residents who can not afford to pay heavy school fee. Secondly, it is in process of making yet. Moreover the influence of Malik Family as well as of residents keeps on affecting the system - both positively and negatively. If the present management of school (specially Mr Saleem Kashmiri) keeps staying there for few more years, its standard and quality of education will get significantly improved. Bahria Town School fee structure is almost 1/3 of Beaconhouse School. Bahria Town School had a plan to have separate classes for boys and girls. If they succeed in their plan, it would be an important edge over Beaconhouse which has only coeducation in its Bahria Town Premier branch. As per Ms Zara of Beaconhouse School's statement, they have a plan to have separate classes for boys and girls later on but as per my understanding it is not possible in near future.
- As per policy Beaconhouse School does not offer pick and drop (transport) facility to students. There is a serious problem to get the services of good teachers for Bahria Town. Bahria Town School has made its team now but Beaconhouse School would face difficulties in it as well.
- The course / curriculum is same for both of these schools.
- I understand that Beaconhouse School shall have to work hard to attract the students. It should have offered some special package in monthly fee for this years' students. They are depending upon Bahria Town Management only who is sending text messages for promoting their school.
- Beaconhouse school issues course outlines to its teachers while Bahria Town School depends upon the subject teacher about it. These course outlines are developed by senior and experienced team.
- After understanding all these factors, Bahria Town branch of Beaconhouse will take at least one year to make adjustments and become fully functional in new place and atmosphere. It is a an opportunity for Bahria Town School to understand the competition and its requirement.
- I think that other schools like LGS, CITY School etc would also be working to open their branches in Bahria Town Lahore.
In short, the opening of Beaconhouse branch in Bahria Town Lahore is highly beneficial for the residents of Bahria Town Lahore as they will be having alternate / option for education of their kids. It also will create jobs for the residents of Bahria Town Lahore. People who are interested in teaching and other school related jobs may contact the office but (as per policy) they are not taking any staff of Bahria Town School, Lahore.